I had a great experience this week. I met Darren's friend Jen and her mother Kim. Jen has been chatting with me regularly from Iraq since she heard of Darren's passing. It is a great comfort to me to meet Darren's friends and hear stories about his youth. Jen and her mother parked and started walking toward my townhouse and we started talking at a distance and hugged as if we have always known each other. The return of the stolen car is a favorite story that even Kim related to me. Kim appreciated Darren and Don finding it and returning it. (the silly things we do as youth) I gave them a tour of my place while we waited for grandkids mommies pick them up. Jen,Kim and I then went to the sushi restaurant that Darren took me to. We didn't sit at the same table but I was happy to share the same food and memory with his friend Jen. We chatted about Darren and how much he is missed and I filled her in on things Darren had been doing. At times we let tears roll down our cheeks or swallowed hard to stop from crying.
Jen and her mother Kim, came back Wednesday morning so we could go to the cemetary where Darren is. We cried together. Poor Jen. This was the first time for Jen to go to the cemetary so I could see how hard it was for her and her emotions flowed down her face. Darren was a great friend and a great guy. Sharing with Jen was another great moment I hope I never forget. Kim had some wonderful helpful hints and suggestions for mourning, I admire her so, Kim is a breast cancer survivor. I wish we were friends when the kids were younger. I miss you Darren, thank you for your friends. I love you, mom
1 comment:
I am glad you had a good experience with Jen. It is good to remember the fun times and silly memories.
Post a Comment